Tis another entry with lemon yes. That’s because lemons are so great to bake with, there are so many yum desserts made with lemons; just on top of my head: lemon cheesecake, lemon poppyseed muffins, lemon loaf, lemon tart, lemon icebox cookies, lemon pudding,…hmm I wonder if lemon donuts exist? They are also great because they are 4/$1 at Chinatown 😉 So cheap yet they make things that taste like a million bucks!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Cream butter, sugar until light in a bowl with electric mixer. Combine flour and salt in a separate bowl.
- With the mixer on low, add flour mixture to the butter until just mixed (may appear crumbly), Dump dough onto a well-floured board and gather into a ball. Flatten the dough with floured hands and press it onto a 9 by 13 by 2 inch baking sheet, building 1/2 inch edge on all sides (very important, it prevents the filling from spilling to the sides!)
- Chill the crust for about 5-10 min in the freezer.
- Bake the crust for about 10-15 minutes until very lightly browned. Let cool on rack. Leave the oven on.
For the filling:
- Whisk together the eggs, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and flour.
- Pour over the baked cooled crust for 30-35 minutes until filling is set.
- Let cool to room temperature and cut into any shape you want!
- Dust with icing sugar on top =)