I have just recently got back from my vacation in China. What a great trip! Filled with yummy food and lots of shopping. However I really missed my cozy oven so today I did some epic baking to satisfy my craving!
I think I have already expressed my love for peanut butter enough in my previous entry (Peanut butter whoopie pies). Peanut butter cookies are definitely a classic thing that all peanut butter fans love, obviously including me! Today I am putting a slight twist in the classic peanut butter cookie dough with the addition of Snickers bars and sesame powder sugar!
With the addition of Snickers bars, the chewy peanut butter cookies got even chewier! The melted chewy caramel and peanuts adds great texture to the cookie. The sesame powder sugar also adds a different level of nuttiness to the peanut butter dough. Of course, I could not forget to make a batch of classic peanut butter cookies sprinkled with some sesame for my grandma.
Hope you enjoy these!
Peanut Butter Cookies – 3 ways
1/2 cup of unsalted butter (room temperature)
1/2 cup of smooth peanut butter (chunky is okay too)
1/2 cup of granulated white sugar
1/2 cup of light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp of real vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of baking soda
4 Snickers bar cut into small pieces
1/3 cup of sesame powder with 1 tablespoon of sugar
some black sesame for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine butter, peanut butter, the two sugar together using a mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking soda together. Mix flour mixture into peanut butter mixture. Mix until combined.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls, flatten, and stuff a chunk of Snickers bar inside and cover up with some more dough and shape into a ball. Press criss-cross on top of the cookie with a fork.
- OR shape dough into 1-inch balls, roll it in sesame powder mixture.Flatten with a fork.
- OR shape dough into 1-inch balls, flatten with fork to make criss-cross shape and sprinkle with sesame seeds on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 8-10 minutes for soft chewy cookies.